1. Physics Topic: Gods Providence and Quantum Mechanics
human free will ?)
and theodicy (if God is good, why is there evil). The latter
issue is particularly acute given the enormity of pain and suffering
in evolution and the fact that so much disease has its basis
in the genes where, I am
2. Divine Action Topic: Tracy, Thomas F. Evolution, Divine Action, and th...
accommodated within such a theodicy , though Tracy admits it is
probably not required.
If we grant that the good cannot be achieved without permitting these
evils, we may nonetheless object that the world contains far more of them than would
3. Divine Action Topic: Russell, Robert John. Divine Action and Quantum M...
response to theodicy if we move from creation theology (and thus providence) to
a trinitarian theology of redemption, particularly as developed by Wolfhart
Pannenberg . This, in turn, leads to Russells fourth issue, which he
4. Divine Action Topic: Murphy, Nancey. Evidence of Design in the Fine-Tu...
the theological problems of theodicy , moral evil and
natural evil, and the scientific discussion of thermodynamics, the arrow of
time, and perhaps even consciousness.
These could make the program even more progressive.
Book Series Index
5. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Process Models of Divine Action
so sharply is in terms of theodicy . The great problem with an account of
providence in terms of primary and secondary agency is that the most evil of
persons becomes a secondary agent of God.
theology and the problem of evil for
6. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Peacocke and Polkinghorne Compared
too in their approach to theodicy :
Peacocke inclines to an Irenaean
approach which sees the world of suffering as a necessary context for the
growth of free beings towards God,
Polkinghorne to a
7. Divine Action Topic: Theodicy
Barbour, Ian G.
Five Models of God and Evolution.
Original Sin and Saving Grace in Evolutionary
8. Science and Suffering Topic: Theological Perspectives on Genetics - Ron Cole...
of God is the task of theodicy , Cole-Turner says,
and he presents three types of theodicies, each with implications for how we
see genetics and what we expect of it.
The first theodicy Cole-Turner presents, the most
9. Biography: David Ray Griffin
Power, and Evil: A
Process Theodicy (1976) and Unsnarling the World-Knot: Consciousness,
Freedom , and the Mind-Body Problem (1998). He is the editor of The
Reenchantment of Science: Postmodern Proposals (1988). His next two books
10. Evolution and Providence Topic: Phil Hefner - The Created Co-Creator: Clues ...
Darwin , Natural Selection , Theodicy
Jeff Schloss - Evolution and Altruism
Contributed by: CTNS . Video adapted from