1. General Term: Sociobiology
to its founding figure', E. O. Wilson, sociobiology is the systematic
study of the biological basis of all social behavior. Unlike sociology, with
its structuralist and nongenetic
2. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 8. Sociobiology / Evolutionary Psychology and Hum...
8. Sociobiology / Evolutionary Psychology and Human Nature
Aunger, Robert, editor. Darwinizing Culture: The
Status of Memetics as a Science . New York: Oxford University Press, 2000.
Broom, Donald M. The Evolution of
3. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Science of Sociobiology Critiques th...
The Science of Sociobiology Critiques the Truth-Claims of Religion
E.O.Wilson has written:
...we have come to the crucial stage
in the history of biology when religion itself is subject to the explanations
of the natural
4. Divine Action Topic: Sociobiology
Camilo J. and Gisele Marty. Beyond Biological
Evolution: Mind, Morals, and Culture.
Drees, Willem B.
Evolutionary Naturalism and Religion."
5. Maddox Bibliography Topic: I. Sociobiology / Evolutionary Psychology
I. Sociobiology / Evolutionary Psychology
Boyer, Pascal . Religion Explained . New York:
Basic Books, 2001.
Buss, David. Evolutionary Psychology: The New Science
of the Mind . Boston: Allyn & Bacon, 1999.
6. Resources: Sociobiology: The New Synthesis
Sociobiology : The New Synthesis
Edward O. Wilson - Cambridge: Harvard University
Full Resource Index
To return to the previous topic,
click on your
7. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Different Sciences - Different Relationships
of the natural sciences...sociobiology can account for the
very origin of mythology by the principle of natural selection acting on the
genetically evolving material structure of the human brain.
See can reductionism rule out the truth
8. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Richard Dawkins and E.O.Wilson Against t...
and one of the founders of sociobiology - the science of explaining the
behaviour of complex organisms in terms of their genetic make-up.
also by Francis Crick , co-discoverer of the
structure of DNA , who has more recently worked in the
9. Divine Action Topic: Cela-Conde, Camilo J. and Gisele Marty. Beyond Bi...
authors into a discussion of sociobiology as it has
developed over the past two decades. In their view, it has focused on four key
issues: the phenomena implied by human morality; the analogs to it at the
animal level; the phylogenetic explanation
10. Theology and Evolutionary Biology
The Science of Sociobiology Critiques the
Truth-Claims of Religion