Displaying results 11 - 16 of 16 matches (0.01 seconds)
11. Divine Action Topic: Drees, Willem B. A Case Against Temporal Critical...
overcome the problem of the singularity at t=0, quantum
cosmology and quantum gravity offer an even less temporal view of nature than
does relativity, since they move from a four-dimensional spacetime perspective
into a three-dimensional,
12. Divine Action Topic: Ellis, George F. R. and William R. Stoeger. Intro...
Stoeger focus on the initial singularity , t=0, the boundary
to the universe where the laws of physics break down . . . Is t=0 a creation event, or is it a
transitory feature of the standard cosmological model which will
13. Divine Action Topic: Peters, Ted. The Trinity In and Beyond Time."
his work: with no
initial singularity there is no need whatsoever for God. Peters is critical of Hawkings
anti-religious agenda and points out that the God whom Hawking attacks is the
God of deism , not the God of Christians,
14. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Big Bang Cosmology and Theology
is expanding from an initial singularity .
They examine the evidence for a Big Bang, and discuss the question is the
Big Bang a moment of creation?
They then go on to look at more recent developments under the heading Stephen
Hawking and the
15. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Strong Anthropic Principle
gravitation toward a final
See Analysing the Anthropic Arguments for an appraisal of this view.
Analysing the Anthropic Arguments
16. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Theological Responses to Quantum Cosmology
problem of the singularity .
It is important to emphasise that these fascinating ideas are still
speculations, and that they may never be amenable to receiving any experimental
The speculations as they stood at the end