1. Biography: Ronald Cole-Turner
Ronald Cole-Turner Ronald Cole-Turner
is the H. Parker Sharp Professor of Theology and Ethics at Pittsburgh
Theological Seminary, a position that relates theology and ethics to
developments in science and technology. An ordained
2. Science and Suffering Topic: Theological Perspectives on Genetics - Ron Cole...
on Genetics - Ron Cole-Turner
While Perry demonstrated the weaknesses of several popular
theological arguments against genetic engineering , Dr. Ronald Cole-Turner, the
H. Parker Sharp Associate Professor of Theology and Ethics at
3. Genetics Topic: Ronald Cole-Turner
I want to
invite you to think with me briefly now about research on human embryos,
including research using stem cells derived from human embryos. We want to ask
about the limits of this research. In particular I
4. Science and Suffering Topic: Feminist & Process Theodicies - Nancy Howell
Ronald Cole-Turner , too, uses the concept of co-creation,
although in a modified form. For Cole-Turner, Howell says, creation cannot
stand alone but must be joined with redemption. Human creators must
5. Full Biography Index
6. Resources: CTNS Recommended: Intermediate Level
Cole-Turner , Ronald and
Brent Waters . Pastoral Genetics : Theology and
Care at the Beginning of Life . (Louisville, Ky.: Westminster/John Knox, 1996).
7. Genetics Topic: Issues For the Millennium: Cloning and Genetic Technologies ...
Dr. Ronald Cole-Turner , Professor, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
No, Not Yet, Maybe, and Why Not: Protestant Ambivalence Or Moral Discretion?
8. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 3. Ethical Issues in Genetic Engineering
York: Crossroad, 2005.
Cole-Turner , Ronald, editor. Beyond Cloning: Religion
and the Remaking of Humanity . Harrisburg, PA: Trinity International, 2001.
Colson, Charles W. & Nigel M. de S.Cameron, eds.
Human Dignity in the
9. Resources: Bibliography for Peters on Genetics
"Genetics and the Church," Prism ,
6:1 (Spring 1991) 53-61.
Ronald Cole-Turner, The New Genesis: Theology and the Genetic
Revolution (Louisville: Westminster/John Knox Press,
10. Genetics Topic: Is DNA the Essence of Life?
technological intervention? Ronald
Cole-Turner criticizes Sinsheimer and Rifkin for making an unwarranted
philosophical and theological leap from the association of DNA
with life to the metaphysical proscription against technical manipulation.