11. Evolution and Providence Topic: Robert Russell - Presentation
Robert Russell - Presentation
The Theology of Creation
The Doctrine of the Fall
A Non-Reductive Physicalist Account of
12. Divine Action Topic: Polkinghorne, John. The Laws of Nature and the La...
Polkinghorne , John. The Laws of Nature and the Laws of Physics."
In his paper, John
Polkinghorne defends a version of critical realism in which the process of
discovering the laws of nature is interpreted
13. Resources: Bibliography for Russell on Cosmology
York: John Wiley & Sons, 1974)
James T. Cushing and
Ernan McMullin, eds., Philosophical
Consequences of Quantum Theory (Notre Dame: University of Notre
Dame Press, 1989).
Wesley J. Wildman
14. Divine Action Topic: Redhead, Michael. The Tangled Story of Nonlocalit...
He begins with John Bells
analysis of the (nonrelativistic) EPR argument, which delineated between two
meanings of nonlocality: a) action-at-a-distance between individual particles,
and b) nonseparability, in which at least some
15. Stem Cell Topic: Theological Reflections on ETNL
of science Robert John Russell formulates the question Race is hinting at. If
life were nowhere to be found in the universe except on earth, would this
increase its significance (as with the parable of the coin) or decrease
16. Maddox Bibliography Topic: E. Representative Recent Engagements of Theology ...
Polkinghorne , John C. The Way the World Is: the
Christian Perspective of a Scientist . Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 1984;
Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox, 2007.
Polkinghorne, John C. One World: the Interaction of
17. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 3. Contemporary Physics and Divine Action / Provi...
Polkinghorne, John C. Quantum Physics and Theology .
New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2007.
Russell, Robert John. Cosmology : From Alpha to Omega .
Minneapolis, MN: Fortress, 2008.
Russell, Robert John &
18. Full Biography Index
Robert John Russell
19. Interview: 'Faith and Reason' Transcript
different views. Physicist Robert Russell is a
minister in the United Church of Christ. He is also the founder of the Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences affiliated with
the University of California at Berkeley. His center
20. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: A Classification of Theories of Divine A...
Ellis , Nancey
Murphy , Robert Russell and Thomas Tracy who follow a suggestion of Pollards
that quantum theory offers the pertinent gaps [see quantum-based proposals on divine action ]
process theologians who postulate