31. Divine Action Topic: Drees, Willem B. Â“A Case Against Temporal Critical...
than an external, parameter.
Quantum cosmology, and its underlying theory, quantum gravity, further
challenge the dynamic view of nature.
Although they overcome the problem of the singularity at t=0, quantum
cosmology and quantum gravity offer an
32. Theology and Quantum Physics
The Implications of
SchrödingerÂ’s Cat and the Meaning of
Does God Collapse the Wave Function?
The Hidden-Variable Theory of David
33. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Book Section: Quantum Physics and Theology
The Implications of Quantum Theory
Cat and the Meaning of Quantum Theory
Does God Collapse
the Wave Function?
Theory of David Bohm
34. Divine Action Topic: Quantum Mechanics
of quantum mechanics. The final set of essays explores the
theological implications of quantum theory.
Book Series Index
Next: Berry, Michael. Â“Chaos and the Semiclassical Limit of Quantum Mechanics (Is
35. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Theological Responses to Quantum Cosmology
Theological Responses to Quantum Cosmology
The Hawking-Hartle Proposal for the early universe is the most
ingenious of the quantum-cosmological speculations which aim to overcome the
problem of the singularity .
It is important to
36. General Term: Chaos Theory
classical level, and quantum
mechanics (sometimes referred to as Â‘quantum chaologyÂ’), suggesting that the
uncertainty in the initial conditions that, together with coupling to the
environment, drive chaotic behavior is at least
37. Biography: Steven Weinberg
recently Dreams of a Final Theory. He has written
a textbook The Quantum Theory of Fields, Vol. I. and Vol. II.
for Steven Weinberg
38. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Stephen Hawking and the Growth of Quantu...
be significantly affected by quantum theory . Stephen Hawking records that he
was at a conference at the Vatican in 1981 at the end of which:
the participants were granted an
audience with the Pope (John Paul II). He told us that it was all
39. Divine Action Topic: Chaos Theory
Â“Chaos and the Semiclassical Limit of Quantum
Mechanics (Is the Moon There When Somebody Looks?)"
Â“Chaos, Probability, and the
40. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The SchrÃ¶dinger Wave Equation
how we should interpret the theory that emerged from
the quantum revolution . See SchrÃ¶dingerÂ’s Cat and the meaning of quantum theory.
Further discussion of the SchrÃ¶dinger Wave Equation can be
found in John Polkinghorne Â’s