21. Divine Action Topic: Chiao, Raymond Y. Quantum Nonlocalities: Experime...
in any case, and quantum events cannot be used for signaling because of the
fundamentally probabilistic, uncontrollable nature of quantum events.
Chiao then interprets all
three kinds of quantum nonlocalities as resulting from the
22. Intro Topic: A Theory of Everything
In particular this theory would unify the two great bastions of
twentieth century physics - the general theory of relativity and quantum theory .
Since general relativity describes the large scale, or cosmological, structure
23. Divine Action Topic: Grib, Andrej A. Quantum Cosmology, the Role of th...
suggests how quantum cosmology can provide plausibility arguments for Orthodox
Grib begins by describing
several key interpretations of quantum physics. According to Niels Bohr , complementary quantum
24. Divine Action Topic: Heller, Michael. Generalizations: From Quantum Me...
that are relevant to quantum mechanics
are noncommutative algebras, and it is this noncommutativity which is
responsible, according to Heller, for all the peculiarities of quantum theory.
Algebraic formulation also leads to the possibility
25. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Hidden-Variable Theory of David Bohm
atomism and relativity theory . It points to a more
holistic view of the quantum world . Indeed Bohm himself stressed the holistic
aspect of quantum theory in his later years, after his conversion from Marxism
See also the
26. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle
known implications of the
quantum revolution . In 1927 Heisenberg argued that key physical quantities
(e.g. position and momentum) are paired up in quantum theory . As a result, they
cannot be measured simultaneously to any desired degree of
27. Divine Action Topic: Russell, Robert John. Divine Action and Quantum M...
Divine Action and Quantum Mechanics : A Fresh Assessment."
Robert John Russell develops
and extends the thesis that, if one interprets quantum mechanics
philosophically as pointing to ontological indeterminism, then one
28. General Term: Relativistic Quantum Mechanics
Relativistic Quantum Mechanics A theory of quantum interactions that incorporates the insights of the theory
of special relativity , and is thus relativistically correct. To date, there has
been no success in developing a so-called
29. Divine Action Topic: Redhead, Michael. The Tangled Story of Nonlocalit...
harmony of quantum correlations remains spooky even if it
does not involve causal dependence. For the anti-realist, the role of
measurement is to actualize potentialities. But when quantum mechanics is
30. Divine Action Topic: Russell, Robert John. Finite Creation without a B...
however, taken as quantum gravity the fundamental theory replacing
general relativity. Here Gods relation
to the universe as a whole will need to be reinterpreted in terms of the
complex role and status of temporality in quantum