1. Divine Action Topic: Polkinghorne, John. Physical Process, Quantum Eve...
apparatus is made of quantum
constituents. Polkinghorne also finds unsatisfactory a statistical
interpretation of quantum mechanics which refrains from speaking about
individual quantum processes, including consistent-histories approaches.
2. Divine Action Topic: Shimony, Abner. The Reality of the Quantum World....
The Reality of the Quantum World ."
In this paper, Abner Shimony
describes two essential concepts in quantum mechanics . The first is the quantum
state or wavefunction, which specifies all the quantities of a physical
3. Divine Action Topic: Chiao, Raymond Y. Quantum Nonlocalities: Experime...
in any case, and quantum events cannot be used for signaling because of the
fundamentally probabilistic, uncontrollable nature of quantum events.
Chiao then interprets all
three kinds of quantum nonlocalities as resulting from the
4. Divine Action Topic: Ellis, George F.R. Quantum Theory and the Macrosc...
on two issues related to quantum
theory and ontology: the possibility of chaotic/fractal structures in quantum
processes, and the status of the theoretical and mathematical terms in quantum
theory (e.g., are they human invention or Platonic
5. Divine Action Topic: Quantum Theory
the Semiclassical Limit of Quantum
Mechanics (Is the Moon There When Somebody Looks?)"
Jeremy. Some Worlds of Quantum Theory."
Chiao, Raymond Y.
6. General Term: Quantum Theory
Quantum Theory Quantum
theory grew out of a series of anomalies in the picture of matter and light
offered by Newtonian physics - in
particular associated with black-body radiation, the photo-electric effect , and
the need to
7. Physics Topic: Gods Providence and Quantum Mechanics
given but a result of the quantum
world . Thus the laws which describe the classical world are approximations
to the laws of quantum mechanics which describe how the classical
world, with its Newtonian regularity, arises directly out of
8. Divine Action Topic: Grib, Andrej A. Quantum Cosmology, the Role of th...
suggests how quantum cosmology can provide plausibility arguments for Orthodox
Grib begins by describing
several key interpretations of quantum physics. According to Niels Bohr , complementary quantum
9. Divine Action Topic: Berry, Michael. Chaos and the Semiclassical Limit...
and its absence in quantum mechanics. If classical mechanics is the
limit of quantum mechanics when Planck s constant h can be ignored, why does a system appear nonchaotic
according to quantum mechanics and yet chaotic when we set
10. Physics Topic: Quantum Physics
interpretation of quantum mechanics, arguing that quantum unpredictability
points to a fundamental indeterminism in reality. Werner Heisenberg
argued this way: the chance aspects of quantum phenomena are due
to an ontological property,