1. Divine Action Topic: Butterfield, Jeremy. Some Worlds of Quantum Theor...
problematic character of
quantum indeterminism: it only appears in some interpretations of quantum
theory and it involves a highly nonclassical ontology . He acknowledges the
enormous empirical success of quantum theory but notes that
2. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Schrödingers Cat and the Mean...
Cat and the Meaning of Quantum Theory
One of the basic problems of quantum theory is the
relationship between measurement and reality. This is illustrated by the EPR
Paradox . A good way to picture the problem is via a famous
3. Physics Topic: General Relativity
zero in size,
requires a quantum mechanical treatment and a theory of quantum
gravity to replace general. Hawking , Penrose, Valenkin, Isham ,
and others have speculated that in such a model there would be
no initial singularity (no
4. Divine Action Topic: Ellis, George F.R. Quantum Theory and the Macrosc...
on two issues related to quantum
theory and ontology: the possibility of chaotic/fractal structures in quantum
processes, and the status of the theoretical and mathematical terms in quantum
theory (e.g., are they human invention or Platonic
5. Divine Action Topic: Quantum Theory
Jeremy. Some Worlds of Quantum Theory."
Chiao, Raymond Y.
Quantum Nonlocalities: Experimental Evidence."
The Histories Interpretation of Quantum Theory and
6. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Quantum Revolution
implications of quantum theory for a summary of the ways the quantum view of
the world departs from classical physics.
different interpretations of how quantum theory relates to reality see
Schrödingers Cat and
7. General Term: Quantum Theory
Quantum Theory Quantum
theory grew out of a series of anomalies in the picture of matter and light
offered by Newtonian physics - in
particular associated with black-body radiation, the photo-electric effect , and
the need to
8. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Shaking the Foundations: The Implication...
The Implications of Quantum Theory
The quantum view of the world departs from classical
assumptions in three main ways.
Determinism has given way to an emphasis on probabilities . We simply do not have
access to enough
9. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The EPR Paradox
depths of his
distaste for quantum uncertainty. His strongest counter-argument was to call
attention to a paradoxical implication of quantum mechanics now known as the
Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) Paradox.
Take, for example, a pair of protons
10. Divine Action Topic: Stoeger, William R. Epistemological and Ontologic...
Issues Arising from Quantum Theory ."
As a prelude to the problem
of divine action and quantum physics, William R. Stoeger explores the
epistemological and ontological implications of quantum physics. Clearly a
discussion of divine