Displaying results 1 - 6 of 6 matches (0 seconds)
1. General Term: Oocyte
Oocyte The female sex cell (egg).
Full Glossary Index
2. Biography: David Albertini
been studying the process of oocyte
development and maturation for over 30 years. Building on his Ph.D. training at
Harvard Medical School, he has continued to contribute to our understanding of
the physiology of oocytes in a variety of mammals
3. Stem Cell Topic: The Enormous Potential Value of Stem Cell Research
eliminates the use of the oocyte. Instead of an oocyte, the recipient's
DNA nucleus might be placed within a non-egg cell. The goal would be to
accomplish laboratory organ growth in a stem cell that is not an egg. To
accomplish this, we need
4. Genetics Topic: Application of Cloning to the Production of Biopharmaceutica...
Oocyte lysis (%)
Embryo cleavage (%)
5. Stem Cell Topic: Ethics Influencing Science?
nucleus from the donated oocyte might be
considered the destruction of a potential human life; and the insertion of a
DNA nucleus appears to be an asexual creation of a human embryo . We suddenly
find ourselves in the middle of the abortion
6. Stem Cell Topic: Question: What's in the Petri Dish, Property or Person?
in the dish?" Is an oocyte
hosting a transferred DNA nucleus a person, or a potential person? Is a
fertilized ovum from an IVF clinic that has been borrowed in order to make a
blastocyst a potential person; or is it merely a piece of