51. General Term: Aristotle (384-322 BCE)
foundations of science and natural philosophy. From the fourth
century BCE through to the seventeenth century and the Galileo controversy over
the correct theory of planetary motion, Aristotelianism
emerged as the filter through which the world
52. General Term: Paley, Revd William (1743-1805)
Natural Theology and its most popular vehicle, the argument from design , can be
traced back to the Anglican Divine, William Paley.
His 1807 work, The Argument from Design , is the starting point for his
53. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Book Section: Outlines of the Debate
Natural Theology vs
Theology of Nature
Religion as Evolutionary
A Critique of Willem
B Drees Typology
54. Divine Action Topic: Edwards, Denis. Original Sin and Saving Grace in ...
of both biology and theology: for example, are natural selection and culture,
and natural selection and the way of Christ, each so sharply opposed?
Sallie McFague finds the
pattern for divine immanence in creation in the story of
55. Resources: CTNS Recommended: Intermediate Level
Sciences and Theology in the Twentieth Century . (Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press, 1981). ISBN: 0268017042.
for a Scientific Age : Being and Becoming - Natural, Divine and Human.
56. Biography: Wesley Wildman
Associate Professor of Theology and Ethics, is chair of
the Philosophy, Theology, and Ethics Department at Boston Universitys School
of Theology and Convenor of the Graduate Schools doctoral program in Science,
57. Intelligent Design Topic: Situating Intelligent Design in the Contemporary D...
there to observe what either natural selection or a designer did in natural history).
Intelligent design's historical roots do not ramify through young earth creationism. Rather, our roots go back to the tradition of British natural theology
58. Biography: Robert John Russell
Associate Professor of Theology and Science in
Residence, GTU, 1986-1992
Professor of Theology and Science in Residence, GTU, 1992-present
Founder and Director, The Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences,
59. Evolution and Providence Topic: Russell on the Anthropic Principle & 'In...
Principle and Creation
Evolution and Continuous
Physics and Theology - Index
The Meaning of Genesis 1
Self-Organisation and the Development
Glossary: Argument from
60. Intelligent Design Topic: What does it mean to be intelligently design...
could not have come about naturally, the
question is, How could the Intelligent Designer bring about a naturally impossible outcome by interacting with a bacterium
in the course of time without either a suspension or overriding of