21. Maddox Bibliography Topic: V.Contemporary Engagement of the Natural Sciences...
Engagement of the Natural Sciences and Christian Theology
choose a sub-section.
A.Typological Surveys of Current Science/Theology Engagement
22. Maddox Bibliography Topic: G. Select Topics in Current Natural Science / Chr...
G. Select Topics in Current Natural Science / Christian Theology Dialogue
Please choose a sub-section.
1. The Status of Theology as a Science
Contributed by: Dr.
23. Creation/Evolution Survey Topic: Survey Questions
investigation of the natural world
will provide evidence that traditional Christian theology is true:
Never 1__2__3__4__5 Always.
2 The scientific description of the natural world is
irrelevant to Christian theology: Disagree
24. Intelligent Design Topic: Nature's Formational Economy
For instance, what is "extra-natural assembly" (the term is Van Till's)? It is not what is customarily meant by miracle or supernatural intervention. Miracles typically connote a violation or suspension or overriding of natural laws. To attribute a
25. Divine Action Topic: Haught, John F. Darwins Gift to Theology."
out the action of God. But theology should
go beyond this to show that these concepts are open to metaphysical and
theological grounding and that a careful understanding of God renders an
evolving natural world more intelligible. Rather than a
26. Maddox Bibliography Topic: b. Moving toward a Universal Mystical...
Brockelman, Paul. Cosmology and Creation: The
Spiritual Significance of Contemporary Cosmology . New York: Oxford
University Press, 1999.
Cleary, William. Prayers to an Evolutionary God .
27. Maddox Bibliography Topic: D. Important Journals for the Current Science/The...
for the Study of Science and Theology)
Theology and Science . (Center for Theology and
the Natural Sciences )
Zygon: Journal of Religion and Science
E. Representative Recent
28. Physics Topic: Relating Science and Theology
Relating Science and Theology
Option 1: Conflict
In our culture, most people assume that science and theology
must either be in outright conflict or they must occupy two separate
According to the conflict model, science
29. Creation/Evolution Survey Topic: Expectations and Results
Christian theology (question 12a ). Christians who accept natural theology
(natural events are part of the workings of God) as an intrinsic aspect (and
dominant aspect) of Christian theology will be more likely to accept
30. Maddox Bibliography Topic: B. Introductions to Current Science/Theology Enga...
, John C. Science and Theology: An
Introduction . Minneapolis, MN: Fortress, 1998.
Ratzsch, Del. Science and Its Limits: The Natural
Sciences in Christian Perspective . Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press,