Displaying results 1 - 7 of 7 matches (0 seconds)
1. General Term: Idealism
Idealism Idealism - a general term for the conviction that the most real things are
mental rather than physical. Often contrasted with materialism or physicalism,
which explain mental phenomena as properties of physical systems.
2. Divine Action Topic: Chiao, Raymond Y. Quantum Nonlocalities: Experime...
of Berkeleys idealism . Chiao presses this point further, claiming
that the nonfactorizability of the entangled states implies the
nonseparability of the quantum world .
Chiao then describes the EPR
3. Divine Action Topic: Grib, Andrej A. Quantum Cosmology, the Role of th...
forces us to chose between
idealism (in which quantum objects with non-commuting properties only exist
when observed) and realism (in which quantum objects with non-commuting
properties have a qualified existence independent of observation).
4. Divine Action Topic: Murphy, Nancey. Supervenience and the Nonreducibi...
absolute idealism , and reductive materialism . Murphy then cites scientific
evidence for nonreducibility: interactions with the environment portray an
entity as part of a larger system and entail both top-down and
5. General Term: Physicalist
are usually contrasted with idealism , theism , or some form of
by: Dr. Christopher Southgate
6. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Does God Collapse the Wave Function?
of Bishop Berkeleys idealism .
This is memorably summarised in a couple of limericks:
There was once a man who
Must think it exceedingly odd
If he finds that this tree
Continues to be
7. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Greek Philosophy and the Rise of Western...
Plato s idealism , the conviction that
the perfect abstraction is more real and worthier of study than a physical
entity which may crudely imitate the abstraction, and
Aristotle s theory of causation,