21. Divine Action Topic: Artificial Intelligence
Neuroscience, Artificial Intelligence, and Human
Nature: Theological and Philosophical Reflections."
Book Series Index
22. Divine Action Topic: Ayala, Francisco J. Darwins Devolution: Des...
of science. Many theologians have seen no contradiction between
Darwin and Christian faith, both at the time of Darwins writings and in the
century since. Natural selection is creative: in a sieve- like way it retains
23. Divine Action Topic: Evolutionary Theory
Barbour, Ian G.
Five Models of God and Evolution.
Neo-Darwinism, Self-organization, and Divine Action
24. Divine Action Topic: Peters, Ted. The Trinity In and Beyond Time."
traditional Christian thought down to the present situation. Might contemporary physics shed any light on
this issue? Peters cites Eleonore
Stump, Norman Kretzmann, Ian Barbour and Holmes Rolston , each of whom suggest
25. Event: Evolution and Providence (Berkeley 2000)
Ian Barbour - Presentation (small)
Jack Haught and Francisco Ayala Q&A
Michael Ruse Presentation Q&A (large)
26. Event: Science and the Three Monotheisms in the 21st Century, A New Partners...
Ian Barbour (Carlton College)
link | Feedback
27. Evolution and Providence Topic: Robert Russell - Presentation
Physics , Arthur Peacocke , Ian Barbour ,
Charles Birch , Nancey Murphy , Ted Peters , George Ellis , Jack Haught , Sallie
McFague , Genetic Mutation , Entropy , Hermeneutics , John Barrow , Paul Davies ,
Ontological , Fred Hoyle , Big Bang
28. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Key Figures and Developments in the Scie...
the pioneering work of Ian Barbour , who brought out Issues in Science and Religion
1966 and Myths, Models and Paradigms
in 1974. His Gifford Lectures of 1990, published as Religion in an Age of Science and Ethics in an Age of
29. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Model and Metaphor Compared
metaphor in religion are Ian Barbour , Janet Martin Soskice and Sallie McFague . McFague in particular stresses the role of metaphor in the development of
imaginative formulations - all metaphor contains an is/is not - in some
respects a crafty
30. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Natural Theology vs Theology of Nature
vs Theology of Nature
In Ian Barbours
Typology of the possible relationships between science and religion he uses
these two similar terms.
theology is traditionally understood as the
consideration of what can be known about