Displaying results 11 - 16 of 16 matches (0 seconds)
11. Divine Action Topic: Redhead, Michael. The Tangled Story of Nonlocalit...
either indeterminism or holistic nonseparability. The
author sees these as having important theological implications: indeterminism
is important for theories of divine action on particular occasions, while
holism is an anti- reductionist
12. Divine Action Topic: Stoeger, William R., S.J. The Mind-Brain Problem,...
due to the subjective and holistic character of mental
phenomena; in fact, it is not yet clear what would count as an adequate model for explaining the mental in
terms of brain processes.
The sense of laws of nature that one
13. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Shaking the Foundations: The Implication...
has given way to a more holistic approach to physical systems. See the EPR Paradox .
Most basic of all, the classical assumptions of continuity
and divisibility (that between any two points there is an infinite number of
14. Neuroscience Topic: The Person in Hebrew Scriptures
in the Hebrew scriptures is holistic and nonreductive
physicalist . Jewish scholar Neil Gillman writes:
Biblical anthropology knows nothing of this dualistic picture
of a person which claims that a human being is a composite of
15. Neuroscience Topic: The Person in The New Testament
supports a holistic and nonreductive physicalist account
of the person. However, some argue that the New Testament presupposes
dualism , since there are a few passages appearing to support a
doctrine of "the intermediate
16. General Term: Quantum Theory
displays a holistic character entirely unlike classical composite systems
(what can be called whole-part causality as distinct from whole-part
constraints): once interacting, now vastly separated,