71. General Term: Endogenous Retroviruses
into the genome of infected cells.
for Endogenous Retroviruses
Full Glossary Index
72. General Term: Genetic Hijacking
Using someone elses
genome without consent.
for Genetic Hijacking
Full Glossary Index
73. General Term: Restriction Enzyme
inserted into a specific DNA genome , by reverse transcribing
the RNA. The DNA resulting from this process is called cDNA (copy DNA) and is
much more stable than mRNA.
74. Divine Action Topic: Kuppers, Bernd-Olaf. Understanding Complexity.
lies in the
organisms genome which, in contrast to the machine, is an inherent part of the
living system. Küppers then distinguishes complex from simple systems in terms
of both their sensitivity to small changes in their boundary
75. Divine Action Topic: Peters, Ted. Playing God with Our Evolutionary Fu...
next turns to the Human Genome Project (HGP ). The aim of the HGP
is new knowledge and the betterment of human health, but the germ-line debate
is over taking actions now that might potentially improve the health or relieve
the suffering of
76. Event: Issues for the Millennium: Cloning and Genetic Technologies (Boston ...
Ethical Challenges in a Post Genome Era
Human Rights and the New Genetics
Rights and Cloning
Democratizing Decision Making Relating to Biotechnology
77. Event: Biology, Religion and Origins (Vancouver BC 2001)
Darwin, God, and the Human Genome
Mark Kalthoff - The Evolution of
Red Herring: Issues in the Demarcation of Science from Non-Science
Dennis Danielson - Cosmic Evolution
78. Genetics Topic: Genetic Technologies - The Radical Revision of Human Existen...
Jacobs - Global Academy Genome Institute
Joy Sedlak - Genetics Consultant
Lovins - Rocky Mountain Institute
79. Genetics Topic: Where Does the Church Stand?
of widespread use of genome
information for health care delivery.
The Abortion Controversy Intensifies
link | Printer-friendly
80. Genetics Topic: A Catholic Perspective on Cloning and Stem Cell Research
Virus , Gamete , Genome , Genotype , HARTs , In Vitro , In Vivo , Intron , Mesoderm ,
Metaphase Plate , Mitochondrial DNA ,
Mitosis , Nucleotide , Nucleus , SNP , SCNT , Stem Cells, Telomere , Transgenic ,
Xenotransplantation , Zygote