21. Science and Religion Topic: Father Robert Spitzer: The Anthropic Principle -...
s Equation for the General Theory at Relativity (Regulating the
interaction at mass energy with space - time coordinate structure)
Cosmos and Creator -
22. Divine Action Topic: Quantum Theory
Introduction to General
Relativity and Cosmology."
F.R. Quantum Theory and the Macroscopic
Ellis, George F.
R. The Theology of the Anthropic
23. Divine Action Topic: Russell, Robert John. Divine Action and Quantum M...
level, understood as both general and special providence, arise in
part from Gods direct action at the quantum level. God sustains the
deterministic time-development of elementary processes governed by the
Schrödinger equation, and
24. Intro Topic: Cosmology
was supported by Einstein 's General Theory of Relativity, which
provided a beautiful set of equations to describe how a universe could arise out
of nothing. Ironically, the tables have now been turned with some scientists
today arguing that the
25. Intro Topic: A Theory of Everything
century physics - the general theory of relativity and quantum theory .
Since general relativity describes the large scale, or cosmological, structure
of the universe, and quantum theory describes the microscopic, or subatomic,
26. Science and Religion Topic: Stephen Meyer: The New Cosmology
Field Equations of General Relativity
- 1/2 Rg ab
= 8o T ab
27. Divine Action Topic: Butterfield, Jeremy. Some Worlds of Quantum Theor...
it with special and general relativity , and he
argues strongly against reductionism. He then provides a brief summary of the
formalism of quantum theory, including a discussion of pure states, mixed
states, and the meaning of probability
28. Divine Action Topic: Heller, Michael. Generalizations: From Quantum Me...
seeks to show the degree of generalization already present
in quantum theory by using the recently discovered noncommutative geometry. It
not only clearly shows the generalizing mechanisms underlying the present theory,
but it also points towards
29. Divine Action Topic: Ward, Keith. God as a Principle of Cosmological E...
interpretation of special
relativity , but he is highly critical of it.
Ward maintains that the doctrine of creation does not entail a timeless
God. Although God transcends spacetime
as its cause, God is nevertheless temporal, since . . .
30. Intro Topic: The Big Bang
was first suggested
by the general theory of relativity, completed by Albert Einstein in 1916.
Einstein's equations, which describe the structure of space and time, suggested
that the universe should not be static, but that it ought to be