1. Divine Action Topic: Watts, Fraser. Cognitive Neuroscience and Religio...
Watts, Fraser . Cognitive Neuroscience and Religious Consciousness.
In Cognitive Neuroscience
and Religious Consciousness, Fraser Watts notes that when divine action is
considered in relation to the physical
2. Biography: Fraser Watts
Fraser Watts The Revd. Dr. Fraser Watts is the Starbridge Lecturer in Theology and the
Natural Sciences at the University of Cambridge, Fellow of Queens College,
and Vicar-Chaplain of St Edward, King and Martyr. He was formerly
3. Divine Action Topic: Neuroscience
Cognitive Neuroscience and Religious
J. and Leslie A. Brothers. A
Neuropsychological-Semiotic Model of Religious
4. Maddox Bibliography Topic: C. Survey Essay Collections of Current Science/Th...
York: Macmillan, 2003.
Watts, Fraser , editor. Science Meets Faith .
London: SPCK, 1998.
Watts, Fraser & Kevin Dutton, eds. Why the Science
and Religion Dialogue Matters . West Conshohocken, PA: Templeton Foundation
5. Divine Action Topic: Wildman, Wesley J. and Leslie A. Brothers. A Neur...
to the neurosciences.
As Fraser Watts points out
in his essay, religious experience is notoriously difficult to define and
delimit. Wildman and Brothers choose the term experiences of ultimacy both to
focus their study on a subset
6. Full Biography Index
Kirk Wegter McNelly
7. Divine Action Topic: Stoeger, William R., S.J. The Mind-Brain Problem,...
Book Series Index
Next: Watts, Fraser. Cognitive Neuroscience and Religious Consciousness.
link | Printer-friendly | Feedback | Contributed by: CTNS /Vatican Observatory
8. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Key Figures and Developments in the Scie...
development. Fraser Watts , the first Starbridge post-holder, is a contributor
to God, Humanity and the Cosmos . In
1999 Oxford University appointed the first Andreas Idreos Professor in this
area, John Brooke .
9. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Metaphor of the Maps and Understandi...
experience is discussed
by Fraser Watts in God, Humanity and the
Cosmos , Ch.5.
Key Figures and Developments in the Science-Religion Debate
10. Resources: God, Humanity and the Cosmos
Dr. Jacqui Stewart
Dr. Fraser Watts
Published in the UK by T&T Clark Ltd of
from T&T Clark .
ISBN: 0 567 08679 8
Contact: T&T Clark, 59 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LQ