Displaying results 1 - 8 of 8 matches (0.02 seconds)
1. Biography: Daniel Dennett
Daniel Dennett Philosopher at Tufts University, noted for his work on the nature of
consciousness and the problem of free will .
for Daniel Dennett
2. Divine Action Topic: Haught, John F. Darwins Gift to Theology."
of divine action.
Daniel Dennett views evolution as a purely algorithmic process that leaves no
room for Gods action. Richard Dawkins argues that impersonal physical
necessity drives genes to maximize opportunities for survival.
3. Maddox Bibliography Topic: I. Sociobiology / Evolutionary Psychology
University Press, 1990.
Dennett, Daniel. Breaking the Spell: Religion as a
Natural Phenomenon . New York: Viking, 2006.
Dennett, Daniel. Freedom Evolves . New York:
Hauser, Marc. Moral Minds: How Nature Designed
4. Full Biography Index
5. Divine Action Topic: Drees, Willem B. Evolutionary Naturalism and Reli...
claims made by those whom Daniel Dennett calls
greedy reductionists. Instead Richard Alexander, David Sloan Wilson, Elliot
Sober, Michael Ruse and Francisco Ayala give serious consideration to the
importance of cultural and mental
6. Divine Action Topic: Ellis, George F. R. The Thinking Underlying the N...
Daniel Dennett and Jacques Monod ignore the metaphysical issues regarding the
existence of the universe, and Monod proposes that science can be a source of
universal ethics without recognizing the inadequacies of such
7. Evolution Topic: Is Evolution Wedded to Atheism?
Richard Dawkins , Daniel Dennett , and numerous
other prominent interpreters of evolution make similar claims in the public
square. In an exquisitely painful
interview sequence - which I must confess to having taken some enjoyment in
8. Maddox Bibliography Topic: c. Contemporary Anti-supernaturalist Darwinists
W. W. Norton, 1996.
Dennett Daniel C. Darwins Dangerous Idea: Evolution
and the Meaning of Life . New York: Simon & Schuster, 1995.
Dembski , William & Michael Ruse , eds. Debating
Design: From Darwin to DNA .