1. General Term: Creatio Ex Nihilo
Creatio Ex Nihilo Latin: 'Creation out of nothing'
classical thought, Christianity alone, or more precisely, the Judeo-Christian
tradition, knows the notion of absolute creation. Creatio ex nihilo (creation
2. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 5. Contemporary Cosmology and Creatio ex Nihilo
Contemporary Cosmology and Creatio ex Nihilo
Bonting, Sjoerd. Chaos Theology: A Revised Creation
Theology . Ottawa: Novalis, 2002.
Bonting, Sjoerd Lieuwe. Creation and Double Chaos:
Science and Theology in Discussion .
3. General Term: Creatio Continua
Creatio Continua Latin: 'Continuous Creation'
is a concept within the Christian doctrine of creation, specifically within the
Eastern Orthodox tradition and some Process Theologies. It refers to speaking of
4. Physics Topic: The Theology of Creation
a doctrine of creation using Biblical, philosophical, theological
and liturgical tools. Actually the doctrine includes two related
strands: creatio ex nihilo (creation out of nothing) and
creatio continua (continuing creation).
5. Physics Topic: Big Bang Cosmology and Creation Theology
First of all the doctrine of creation should
not be truncated to a single claim, namely that creation had a
beginning. Instead creation ex nihilo includes the continuing
existence of the universe and the laws of nature, as we have already
6. Physics Topic: The Anthropic Principle and Creation Theology
as a whole; i.e., creatio ex nihilo is closely related
to creatio continua . In essence, the action through which
God creates the universe entails a dialectic of freedom and constraint.
There is a contingent, free element in nature,
7. Divine Action Topic: Peters, Ted. Playing God with Our Evolutionary Fu...
between God and creation in terms of both creatio
ex nihilo and creatio continua .
In Peters view, giving the world a future is Gods fundamental way of acting
as creator. God creates new things including the new
8. Divine Action Topic: Russell, Robert John. Finite Creation without a B...
quite sufficient for creatio ex
nihilo . Hence Russell says
we can set aside arguments specifically over t=0 and yet retain the
historical/empirical sense of the past temporal finitude of creation. Moreover, this insight, which he
9. Evolution Topic: Step 2: Stir and bake until the world comes to its end
one. We certainly affirm
creation from nothing, creatio ex nihilo . Yet, we also affirm that the
creative power by which God brought being out of nonbeing continues to sustain
the world today.
We want to add something more. Each moment
10. Divine Action Topic: Ayala, Francisco J. Darwins Devolution: Des...
in the Christian
sense of creatio ex nihilo . Instead it is like a painter
mixing pigments on a canvas. It is a non- random process that promotes
adaptation, that is, combinations useful to the organisms. By proceeding