1. Divine Action Topic: Crutchfield, James P., J. Doyne Farmer, Norman H. Packa...
and Robert S. Shaw. Chaos.
This previously published
paper by James P. Crutchfield, J. Doyne Farmer, Norman H. Packard, and Robert
S. Shaw is reprinted here to give a broad introduction and background to the
science of chaos and
2. Divine Action Topic: Peacocke, Arthur. Gods Interaction with the...
of Deterministic Chaos and of Interconnected and Interdependent Complexity.
According to Arthur
Peacocke, the long-established aim in science of predicting the future
macroscopic states of natural systems has recently
3. Maddox Bibliography Topic: E. Chaos & Complexity Theory
E. Chaos & Complexity Theory
Bird, Richard J. Chaos and Life: Complexity and Order
in Evolution and Thought . New York: Columbia University Press, 2003.
Davies , Paul. The Cosmic Blueprint: New Discoveries
4. General Term: Chaos Theory
then, chaos breaks the long-standing philosophical link between
determinism and predictability. Still since it is describable by deterministic
equations, chaos theory supports a strictly deterministic philosophy of
5. Divine Action Topic: Wildman, Wesley J. and Robert John Russell. Chaos...
mathematical definition of chaos capturing all cases of interest. Defining chaos simply as randomness proves
too vague because this term acquires new and more precise shades of meaning in
the mathematics of chaos theory .
Defining chaos in terms
6. Divine Action Topic: Chaos Theory
Chaos and the Semiclassical Limit of Quantum
Mechanics (Is the Moon There When Somebody Looks?)"
Chaos, Probability, and the
7. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: The Rediscovery of the Observer
of time through relativity theory .
rediscovery of the observer through quantum theory .
Bang cosmology , leading to a possible rediscovery of purpose.
rediscovery of complexity through chaos theory .
8. Divine Action Topic: Berry, Michael. Chaos and the Semiclassical Limit...
generalize to a deeper theory, the singularities of the old theory are
dissolved and replaced by new ones.
Book Series Index
Next: Butterfield, Jeremy. Some Worlds of Quantum Theory."
9. Divine Action Topic: Ellis, George F.R. Quantum Theory and the Macrosc...
, George F.R. Quantum Theory and the Macroscopic World."
George F.R. Ellis lays out a
thoroughgoing critique of reductionism and a complex ontology for reality as a
whole, drawing from his previous publications and offering new
10. General Term: Classical Thermodynamics
dynamics, and, like chaos theory , rendering
its portrait of novelty in terms of epistemic ignorance.
by: Robert Russell - CTNS