31. Intro Topic: Evolution
Oxford University biochemist Arthur Peacocke . Peacocke,
who is now also an ordained minister in the Anglican Church, believes that
evolution can even enhance understanding of the Judeo-Christian God. Whereas
biblical literalists insist that
32. Biography: Biography Index
Peacocke - Biochemist, Templeton Prize winner, and author of Theology
for a Scientific Age
Pelikan - Historian, author of The Christian
33. Divine Action Topic: Quantum Theory
Arthur. Gods Interaction with the World: The
Implications of Deterministic Chaos and of
Interconnected and Interdependent Complexity.
34. Divine Action Topic: Russell, Robert John. Special Providence and Gene...
works by Arthur Peacocke and John Polkinghorne . One key question is whether God
acts in all quantum events (as Nancey Murphy claims) or merely in some (as Tom
Tracy suggests). Another regards the problem of theodicy when God
35. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Key Figures and Developments in the Scie...
debate to wider attention. Arthur Peacocke s Bampton
Lectures of 1979, Creation and the World
of Science still
read very well, and his Theology for a
Scientific Age (1993)
continues to be an important text. Sir John Polkinghorne ,
36. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 1. Broad Western Christian Engagements
Clayton, Philip & Arthur Peacocke , eds. In Whom We
Live and Have Our Being: Panentheistic Reflections on Gods Presence in a
Scientific World . Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2004.
Coleman, Richard J. Competing Truths:
37. Resources: CTNS Recommended: Intermediate Level
Peacocke , Arthur.
Creation and the World of Science . (Oxford: Clarendon Press; New York: Oxford University Press, 1979). ISBN: 0198266502.
______, ed. The
Sciences and Theology in the
38. Resources: CTNS Recommended: Research Level
Nancey Murphy and
Arthur Peacocke , eds. Chaos and Complexity:
Scientific Perspectives on Divine Action . (Vatican City State and Berkeley, CA: Vatican Observatory and CTNS, 1995). ISBN:
39. Resources: Theology for a Scientific Age
for a Scientific Age
Arthur Peacocke - Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 1993 - Buy
Full Resource Index
To return to the previous topic,
click on your browser's 'Back'
40. Interview: Full Interview Index