1. Divine Action Topic: Hefner, Philip. Biocultural Evolution: A Clue to ...
Hefner , Philip. Biocultural Evolution: A Clue to the Meaning of Nature."
Philip Hefner begins with
the two-natured character of the human: the confluence of genetic and
cultural information. These co-exist
2. Biography: Philip Hefner
Philip Hefner Philip Hefner is Professor of Systematic Theology, Editor of Zygon: Journal
of Religion and Science, and past president of the Zygon Center for Religion and
Science . B.A. Midland Lutheran College 1954; B.D. Chicago
3. Divine Action Topic: Edwards, Denis. Original Sin and Saving Grace in ...
According to Edwards, Philip
Hefner sees the human being as a symbiosis of genes and culture. Religion is
the central dimension of culture. In view of the ecological crisis we have
brought about we need a theology of the human as created
4. Divine Action Topic: Haught, John F. Darwins Gift to Theology."
Book Series Index
Next: Hefner, Philip. Biocultural Evolution: A Clue to the Meaning of Nature."
link | Printer-friendly | Feedback | Contributed by: CTNS /Vatican Observatory
5. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 8. Sociobiology / Evolutionary Psychology and Hum...
Oxford: Clarendon, 2001.
Hefner , Philip. The Human Factor : Evolution, Culture,
and Religion . Minneapolis, MN: Fortress, 1993.
Kitcher, Philip. Vaulting Ambition: Sociobiology and
the Quest for Human Nature . Cambridge, MA: MIT
6. Biography: Biography Index
Hefner - Theologian, editor of Zygon: Journal of Religion and
Hewlett - Biologist and author
7. Full Biography Index
Sir Fred Hoyle
8. Maddox Bibliography Topic: A. Typological Surveys of Current Science/Theolog...
37 (2002): 345 - 59.
Hefner , Philip. Science-and-Religion and the Search for
Meaning. Zygon 31 (1996): 307 - 21.
Peters, Ted . Science and Theology: Toward Consonance.
In Science and Theology: The New
9. Science and Suffering Topic: Feminist & Process Theodicies - Nancy Howell
Howell says, as defined by Philip Hefner , indicates
the primacy of Gods creativity. Creation of the cosmos ex nihilo , out
of nothing, demonstrates the universes dependence on God for existence.
Humans, in turn, are
10. Divine Action Topic: Evolutionary Theory
Biocultural Evolution: A Clue to the Meaning of
Pope John Paul
II. Message to the Vatican Observatory Conference
on Evolutionary and