31. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Influences on Darwin
read William Paley s Natural
Theology , and noted the amazing properties of adaptedness that living
things seemed often to possess. (However, his proposal of natural selection was
utterly to supersede Paleys argument
from design . )
32. Maddox Bibliography Topic: IV. Historical Treatments of Interaction between ...
Rise of Natural Science . New York: Cambridge University Press, 1998.
Kaiser, Christopher. Creational Theology and the
History of Physical Science . Kinderkook: E.J. Brill, 1997.
Knight, David. Science and
33. Physics Topic: The Anthropic Principle and Creation Theology
in science, philosophy and theology.
For example, even if one starts with inflation to explain the
variation in the natural constants, a theist can still counter
that God designed the entire set of universes, or the laws of
nature which govern
34. Ecology Topic: H. Paul Santmire's The Travail of Nature: The Ambiguous Ecolo...
Promise of Christian Theology
primary intent in this work is to assess the widely varying attitudes toward
nature found in Christian theology's long history. Santmires goal is to
"understand the travail of nature in
35. Itnerdisciplinary Topic: Theology, Anti-Theology and Atheology
Theology, Anti-Theology and Atheology From Christian Passions to Scientific Emotions
ESSSAT Prize Dissertation 2000
This dissertation is based upon an article with a similar
title published in Modern
36. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 2. Evangelical Western Christian Enga...
Birkett, Kirsten. Unnatural Enemies: An Introduction
to Science and Christianity . Sydney, Australia: St. Matthias Press, 1997.
Brush, Nigel. The Limitations of Scientific Truth .
Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel, 2005.
37. Biography: Alister McGrath
Final Honour School of Theology. In December 1977, he was awarded an
Oxford D.Phil. for his research in the natural sciences, and gained first class
honours in Theology in June 1978.
then left Oxford to work at Cambridge University,
38. Biography: Philip Clayton
lies in developing a theology of emergence,
to be published next year as The Emergence of
Clayton is currently Principal Investigator of the Science
and the Spiritual Quest project (SSQ) at the Center for Theology
39. Neuroscience Topic: Neuroscience & the Soul: Topic Index
account of the person for theology.
Other sections will investigate the philosophical question
of reductionism. If mental events are essentially products of
the brain, and if we assume that brain events are determined by
natural laws, then
40. Subject Home: Theology and Religion
Theology and Religion Featured Topics
The Person in Christian Theology
The Theology of
The Question of Miracle
The Resurrection of