Displaying results 1 - 6 of 6 matches (0 seconds)
1. Information Science Topic: The World as Gods Body
What we have instead is pure immanence.
While many thinkers, including Newton, have wondered if the Mind-Body
interaction was a useful analogy for the God-World interaction, it seems to me
that the problems are increasing in number.
2. Divine Action Topic: Stoeger, William R.. Describing Gods Action...
and the ideas of divine immanence and
transcendence . Stoeger uses the term law in the context of both physical
processes and free human actions to mean any pattern, regularity, process, or
relationship, and its description.
3. Divine Action Topic: Edwards, Denis. Original Sin and Saving Grace in ...
pattern for divine immanence in creation in the story of Jesus: the universe is
directed toward inclusive love for all, particularly the oppressed. As Edwards
sees it, her Christic paradigm extends Gods liberating,
4. Ecology Topic: H. Paul Santmire's The Travail of Nature: The Ambiguous Ecolo...
motif stresses the
immanence of God as the power of life itself, which is a presence in nature,
humanity, and the rest of the cosmos . As Santmire states, the term
"ecological" in ecological motif is meant to express the
5. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Peacocke and Polkinghorne Compared
wants to stress divine
immanence . The creativity of the world, of which biology is so eloquent, is for
him a sign of the divine omnipresence. And Peacocke is willing to consider a
range of metaphors for God in relation to the world (see
6. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Peacocke and Polkinghorne: Comparison of...
on divine immanence , whole-part causation, and God as the ultimate boundary
condition (see Peacockes view of divine action ). Granted, Polkinghorne still
wants to speak of the ontological openness of non-linear systems,