1. Physics Topic: Big Bang Cosmology and Creation Theology
Big Bang Cosmology and Creation Theology
How best might we relate cosmology and theology? Many today
urge that we take the beginning of the universe at "t=0"
as direct support of the creation of the world as described
2. Divine Action Topic: Drees, Willem B. A Case Against Temporal Critical...
? Consequences of Quantum Cosmology for Theology."
It is Wim Drees argument
that, unlike other topics in science, Big Bang and quantum cosmology are
equally compatible with a timeless, static view of the universe and a
3. Resources: Bibliography for Russell on Cosmology
Bibliography for Russell on Cosmology
C. J. Isham and J.
C. Polkinghorne , "The Debate over the Block Universe ," in Quantum Cosmology and the Laws of Nature , op.
Max Jammer, The Philosophy of Quantum
4. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 5. Contemporary Cosmology and Creatio ex Nihilo
Corey, M.A. God and the New Cosmology : The Anthropic
Design Argument . Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1993.
Craig, William Lane & Quentin Smith. Theism , Atheism,
and Big Bang Cosmology . New York: Oxford University
5. General Term: Inflationary Big Bang Cosmology
megauniverse. Quantum cosmology, however, is a highly
speculative field. Theories involving quantum gravity, which underlie quantum
cosmology, are notoriously hard to test empirically, and they lift the
philosophical issues already
6. Physics Topic: Physics and Cosmology: Topic Index
in physics and cosmology. Ill also cover the theologies
of creation and providence, and suggest ways in which they can
be put into dialogue and interaction with aspects of Big Bang
cosmology and quantum mechanics . Ill
7. Divine Action Topic: Grib, Andrej A. Quantum Cosmology, the Role of th...
Andrej A. Quantum Cosmology , the Role of the Observer, Quantum Logic."
The central argument in
Andrej Gribs paper is that temporal existence, i.e., movement through time,
allows the human mind to obtain information about
8. Intro Topic: The Birth of Modern Cosmology
The Birth of Modern Cosmology In the history of science few developments have been more
important than the advent of the new heliocentric cosmology in the sixteenth and
seventeenth centuries. Whereas most of the ancient Greeks and
9. Physics Topic: Physics and Cosmology in the 20th Century
led to inflationary
Big Bang cosmology (1970's-present). Current research areas include
attempts a superunification of all of physics, including gravity,
in terms of quantum gravity and its application to cosmology.
10. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Book Section: Big Bang Cosmology and Theology
Big Bang Cosmology and Theology
The Beginnings of Big
Evidence for a Big Bang?
Is the Big Bang a Moment
Stephen Hawking and the
Growth of Quantum Cosmology