11. Resources: Bibliography for Peters on Genetics
(April 1993) 184.
Issues in Genome Research," Forum
for Applied Research and Public Policy , 8:3 (Fall 1993) 15.
"The Church and
Genetic Engineering ," Pronouncement of the Seventeenth
12. Biography: Richard Hayes
range of environmental and social and economic justice
organizations. He is completing a doctoral dissertation at the University of
California at Berkeley.
Technologies - the Radical Revision of Human Existence
13. Biography: Stephen Post
(just war, business ethics, social justice , and bioethics).
He also was involved in projects at the nearby Hastings Center, a
bioethics institute. In 1988 he
accepted a position as assistant professor in the newly created Center for
14. Maddox Bibliography Topic: 3. Ethical Issues in Genetic Engineering
editor. Genetics: Issues of Social
Justice . Cleveland, OH: Pilgrim, 1998.
Peterson, James. Genetic Turning Points: the Ethics
of Human Genetic Intervention . Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2001.
Peterson-Iver, Karen. Designer
15. Stem Cell Topic: Appendix I: Working Group Members
Discussion of Social Justice , and she is co-editor with Dena S.
Davis of Notes from a Narrow Ridge: Religion
and Bioethics .
Appendix II: Staff
16. Biography: Sandra Harding
Sandra Harding Professor of Social Sciences and Comparative Education at UCLA
Director, UCLA Center for the Study of Women
Genes and Justice
for Sandra Harding
17. Resources: Books on Biology, Genetics and Theology
Genetics: Issues of Social Justice
God and Nature: Historical Essays on the Encounter
Between Christianity and Science
On Human Nature
Playing God? Genetic Determinism and Human Freedom
Sociobiology: The New Synthesis
18. Resources: CTNS Recommended: Research Level
Issues of Social Justice . (Cleveland: Pilgrim, 1998). ISBN: 0829812512.
- the World's Future: Systematic Theology for a Postmodern Era . (Minneapolis: Fortress, 1992). ISBN: 0800625420.
19. Stem Cell Topic: Sources of Stem Cells and Guidelines for Use
are tremendous emotional,
social, marital and financial strains associated with infertility . A couple grappling with infertility has very
difficult decisions to make. Therefore
it is necessary to adhere to the highest standards of protection
20. Genetics Topic: Sondra Wheeler
discern what is due in justice to a being is to attend to the reality of
that being: its origin, its characteristics and capacities, and the foreseeable
path along which its existence moves. Paying attention to what can be known of