31. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Stephen Hawking and the Growth of Quantu...
Hawking and the Growth of Quantum Cosmology
Since around 1980 cosmological interest has shifted to the first ten
million, billion, billion, billion, billionth of a second (10 -43
second) of the universes history, when the developing
32. God, Humanity and the Cosmos Topic: Shaking the Foundations: The Implication...
The Implications of Quantum Theory
The quantum view of the world departs from classical
assumptions in three main ways.
Determinism has given way to an emphasis on probabilities . We simply do not have
access to enough
33. General Term: Quantum Field Theory
Quantum Field Theory A theory developed by Paul Dirac in 1927 that explains the apparent paradox
of wave/particle duality, by identifying a wave with the superposition of an
indefinite number of particles. For example, if a wave
34. Science and the Spiritual Quest Topic: Mehdi Golshani on indeterminacy in qu...
on indeterminacy in quantum mechanics and Islamic perspectives on nature
Mehdi Golshani on the study of nature as a way to worship God
Other Video Sequences:
35. Interview: At Home in the Quantum Universe
At Home in the Quantum Universe
Alan Guth on The Value of Quantum Mechanics
John Polkinghorne on How Science Informs Us
36. Science and Religion Topic: Stephen Meyer: Quantum Cosmology
Stephen Meyer : Quantum Cosmology
Father Robert Spitzer: The Anthropic Principle - Theistic Implications
37. Resources: The Quantum World
The Quantum World
John Polkinghorne - Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1990 - Buy
Full Resource Index
To return to the previous topic,
click on your browser's 'Back'
38. Resources: Quantum Cosmology and the Laws of Nature: Scientific Perspectives...
Quantum Cosmology and the Laws of Nature: Scientific Perspectives on Divine Action
Robert John Russell , Nancey Murphy and C. J. Isham ,
eds., second edition - Vatican City State: Vatican Observatory Publications,
39. Resources: Quantum Mechanics: Scientific Perspectives on Divine Action
Quantum Mechanics : Scientific Perspectives on Divine Action
Robert John Russell , Philip Clayton , Kirk Wegter-McNelly , John Polkinhorne - Vatican City State: Vatican Observatory Publications,
and Berkeley: The Center for Theology
40. Divine Action Topic: McMullin, Ernan. Formalism and Ontology in Early ...
to the relations between quantum mechanics
and theology. First, the discussion of both quantum mechanics and theology
often relies on a realist interpretation, but some of the most energetic
critics of realism are philosophers of quantum